Recently on my mind: Dun lose weight.

Previous Posts

Archives

More Bloggers


My CaReLeSs WhIsPeR-Think UNIT TRUST, Think Agnes

Monday, October 02, 2006
Chief Operating Officer
I can almost see the dust building up here.

I haven’t been posting anything for almost half a month. I dun blog at work anymore though coz there are a few reasons to it. I do not have internet access so if I write a blog entry, I gotta either : send the file to my yahoo mailbox (I got internet mail at work juz recently) or transfer the file to FileZilla, go to the pc in the resource center and retrieve it from there then post it online. A hell of a trouble…

Besides, I have been given some work assignments lately by my COO, I gotta unleash my potential hehe (that’s if I have hidden ones that im not aware of la hahah) I actually wanna stand out from the crowd, I dunno why. Supposed to blog a few weeks about me meeting my company’s newly hired COO aka Chief Operating Officer but….. Anyway, Cubic is in the midst of major (yes,major) restructuring.The COO got to know my existence when a few of us went for a short meeting to discuss about the launching of a Trainer’s Club. That evening, he called me to his room and gosh I was damn freaked out. We all heard nasty things about him, how he makes my manager tension; how his power so enormous he uses it so well to ‘manage’ ppl under him; how he speaks in a top management meeting; how he is so visionary he’s gonna bring about huge change in the company.

My supervisor was in KL for a training program so I was to go meet him alone the other day. I have to admit that I was kinda tensed. He told me I was the first Non-Q ppl he met. (He has been dealing with the Quality Department since he came in) He also said “I dun waste my time talking to stupid ppl..bla bla bla” Gosh, I know I am not THAT smart so it got me even more worried. He asked me about my job and it seems like he is not really contented with what I have been doing currently. He is right, I spent RM40K in MMU and all I do daily is preparing Training Needs Analysis and scheduling and coordinating training program? Hmm…i was in his office for more than an hour. It was indeed an honor to be able to sit and talk to him, I mean how many assistant officers in Cubic has that privilege man? It’s rare, really. Oh yeah he did puji me abit la ahem ahem. I hope he is right about me. Not gonna share ;p

His words are hard. He has that personality of a high-position fella. If I wasn’t being told who he is before, by talking to him I can tell he is not juz anybody but somebody. Phew. He tested me with some names so foreign to me and I had to smile and said ‘I have not heard of it’. That was really bad, other than that, I kinda enjoyed talking to him (if only I tell any cubic staff about this, they will think I’m insane) I mean his words of wisdom got me thinking the whole night, about my career path, about where I will be and stuff in the next 5 to 10 years. He too asked me what rumors I have been hearing regarding the restructuring and what I think if me and my supervisor are going to be parked under this one malay lady. We dislike her so much, but I kinda hesitated to say anything.

COO: You better tell me this now, else I wouldn’t know. Now that you have this chance to talk to me, you better do..
Me: Erm..IF we have a choice, we do not prefer to be under her. If she can manage training well back then, training and development wouldn’t be handed over to Personnel Management and there won’t be this vacancy and I won’t be sitting here now, talking to you..


Yeah I said that man. Ooops…I got it all out. OMG, but I dun regret it a bit, not even close. That’s the truth and if I did not say it, the chances are we will be working under that lady. Now that I had, I have done what I can. The ultimate decision is still very much based on his discretion.

Oh yeah, my COO is a mid age Chinese man with an American accent. Can you imagine when he says “I dun talk to STUPID ppl..” with a soft and lemah lembut tone? Oh btw juz to note, he reminds me of my ex-prom date too ;p

Suddenly I find some MEN in my company very charming and appealing *wink* These are the kind of men with stable career, high marketability, highly knowledgeable, high earning, top-positioned, fully respected…Ooh la la! Oops, sory :p

Well, at least I know I am not alone :) I guess some gals when reaching a certain age would tend to adore older men, don’t they? Some gals seek a sense of security in men (money,income,status) and some gals simply like someone who is so knowledgeable and is able to teach them a whole variety of things in life. I think I belong to the latter :) Wow, now I realize this topic can be very interesting to talk about.

Anyway, actually...I’m very scared to be on top of the ladder (that's also if i have what it takes to climb my way up la) I dunno if that's what i want at the end of the day.

Post a Comment